Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Time and the Winds of Change

My life is in a sort of upheaval.  In a good way, I think.  If that's possible.  I'm not sure.

Let me start with a recap:
January 2010.  I decided I am going to work my Mary Kay business and make some money.  I am not sure WHEN I will be fitting this into my life, but I will make it work.  I also decided that we are going to move across post.  Apartment living is NOT for me.  Packing and cleaning of current quarters ensue at record rates.  My sister is pregnant...the hubby and I lost the "we can get pregnant first" bet.

February 2010.  I am determined that this will be MY year!  I will get oober organized.  I will lose weight.  I will be involved in all the activities that I want to be and still have time for my hubby and trips to Green Bay.  We have our pre-move inspection to gain approval for an on post move.  We fail.  I am now living out of boxes in my garage with a maintenance list a mile long and a very sterile living home.  Nice.  My computer dies and there is no support group available.

March 2010.  We have decided that moving is NOT worth it and remove our name from the list.  The unpacking begins.  I have not yet begun on my Mary Kay business.  I am not working out.  Sonic is my friend.  Mom comes to visit.  My pregnant sister winds up in the hospital.  My other sister is having issues with the hubby.  I pull a muscle and can barely move. Our unit suffers a very sad issue. My hubby gets shifted to a new unit.  I am now staring deployment in the face.  I am way behind on getting my household organized because I am still living out of boxes in the garage.  My pregnant sister comes home from the hospital.  I am still limping due to a strained muscle.  Mom's flight is delayed overnight.  We purchase a computer.  The former unit we were with is still dealing with the issue that occurred last week.  I lost my wallet and am now waiting on the unit the hubby is with to get back from training so I can get a signature to obtain a new ID card (I don't exist...would someone tell the rest of the world that one, lol).  I have friends that will have Soldiers deploying SOON!  I am trying to figure out who to see and when on block leave.  I am trying to balance bills to allow for money to be able to travel on block leave (nothing like a 2 week notice).  I am trying to figure out what gear my hubby needs yet for deployment.  I am trying to gather all paperwork and materials to turn in to the former unit regarding FRG (have I mentioned I'm still living out of boxes in the garage?).  I am trying to find my place in the new unit FRG.  I am 4 chapters behind on a book that I think I am supposed to be leading a chapter discussion on next week.  I get a phone call from a friend I haven't talked to in 3 years to find out she's getting a divorce from a guy I didn't even know she married (so much for being in the loop, right?). 

I am tired.  I need a nap.  Dear MOS & MFLCs...be prepared.  Here I come.

Now, I suppose that I could take everything listed here and turn it into something positive.  Something about how I am growing and learning and becoming a better person.  But allow me to be honest for a minute.  Right now, I do NOT have the energy needed to do so!  I am WIPED OUT!

*sigh
*HUGE EXHAUSTED SIGH

Yes, I am complaining.  Actually, I prefer to call it blowing off steam.  Because no matter how bad it actually looks on the page, I will post this, walk away, and push forward.  I don't have a choice.  If you are standing still in life, you are quite possibly dead.  And I refuse to just lay down and die.  Not today.

So what do I do?  Especially since I know that I am not a To-Do list completer.  I'm not sure.  But I know that I need to start now.  Because if I don't, I'm not going to ever move.  On anything.  On the same note as the To-Do list, schedules do not seem to work in this household.  So that suggestion is probably out, too...

So the first thing I did WAS to nap.  I am not sleeping well.  Probably due to the pain I am in because of this stupid muscle I stupidly pulled...which is getting better now that I am not talking Pat's dog outside everyday.  But I've screwed up my sacroiliac (for those who don't know, that's lower back area)...so the movement is still painful.  Guess yoga will be my friend tonight.  And maybe a massage...

I am slowly finishing up 372nd FRG stuff and am finding my place in the new FRG. 

Oooohh...a little squirrel.. (Sorry.  A little ADHA/ADD).

I have a couple of friends that will be coming over Saturday morning EARLY for coffee and conversation.  Tuesday I want to have a few of  the girls over for, well more conversation and coffee.

I have a list of paperwork to update for the hubby's record binder and my HH6 book.  Looks like next week won't be as painless as the hubby and I would like it to be.  Oh well, never is, right?  But, after doing this a few times and helping countless others clean up problems, my preparations SHOULD be simple enough.  At least I have an idea on which way to head.

Lots of other thing to work on.  Care Team training is coming up soon.  I have to get my memberships for VFW Ladies & AUSA.  The ESC has a bake sale coming up, so I'm going to be baking and decorating some cakes...

Not to mention Caitlin's birthday is coming up and I will be making her doll cake.  Pictures after the party, I promise.

On a completely different note (or two)...We're going to have a booyah party in May!  YEAH!!!!  And I cannot WAIT!

Oh, and I am branching out and using Delicious for bookmarks.  Let's see if I can actually get something organized.  Not that I can keep up with MySpace, Facebook, or even this blog.  *sigh

So, I suppose I should do some reading for this book.  I read the preface weeks ago...it was wonderful.  Now, to get into the meat of the book!...

I will get on top of everything in life!  This will STILL be my year...I will remain green and growing.  Moving forward with the push of the wind...

See you on top of the world!
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment