Shall I welcome spring with a song or a poem?
Uh, no. Not this year, thanks.
And it's not because spring arrived here with less pomp and circumstance than normal. Spring arrived in "Tuckessee" with sunshine and warm temperatures on a Saturday. It was beautiful out. I just don't feel like singing this year.
This same Saturday brought deployment for some of my friends and their Soldiers. This same Saturday sees some of my friends and their Soldiers still deployed. It's a hard road. I believe in the military and their presence in combat zones unknown to me...but I am not saying that military life is without tears and loneliness about that fact.
Oh there are plenty of us. Plenty of resources available. Plenty of online groups and chats. But there's still nothing like rolling over at night and your Soldier being right there, hogging the covers. *sigh*
To those who's Soldiers are deployed or TDY, my prayers, thoughts and virtual *hugs*. Know that I am thinking about you and your Families and praying for even a moment of peace in your day.
You are strong. You do what the majority of the nation could not. You love a Soldier. Thank you for sharing him to preserve our freedoms.
Blessings!
-N
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment