Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Sending Signals"...and "Neogotiations"

Really?  HELLO WORLD...North Korea's been at this "We want this or that but we're not going to listen to your rules and our people will be the ones to suffer" crap SINCE THE 1950'S!  C'mon!

Look.  I'm not trained in international politics.  However, it's not really that difficult.  You don't let the bad guys run the talks!  How long do you 'send signals' before you come to the conclusion that they JUST DON'T GET IT...or just don't care?  I mean, I understand diplomatic courtesy, etc, etc.  but this is beginning to be ridiculous!  And these 'neogotiations'?  C'mon!  The only people getting anything out of this is the North Korean government...and then they violate the rules anyway and we either look the other way or if we punish them it's the people, not the government, who suffer. ...and if we're waiting for the people to rise up, well, um, don't see that happening.

No, I don't have a solution.  BUT somebody needs to come up with SOMETHING...because this just isn't working.  Anybody else think it's a little crazy?

1 comment:

  1. Yes. It is crazy. Now I don't think we should go in there and take over because we're stretched thin enough. But it's ridiculous that we sit around basically giving in to the demands of some little man ruling a dying kingdom. Shaun saw a few of the N. Koreans while he was there and he said it was kind of sad. They don't smile. They are just really, really short and unhappy looking and unhealthy looking. It is the people who suffer and it's so sad that they continue to.

    ReplyDelete