Okay. So today I head out the mailbox and there sits my utility bill from Ista (you know, the privatized billing company being used by the privatized housing company hired by the Army to screw me...that's another post all together, though). The bill is POSTMARKED 25 May 2010. The bill is DUE 27 March 2010. There is actually a note about a town hall happening at the Village Commons on 20 April! WTF?!?!?!
So, I call housing. "You have to call Ista". Yes, I slammed down the phone. NOT HAPPY.
So, I call Ista. "We're doing an audit, effective April 1st. Everything up to that point you owe. In fact, your account shows a balance of $20.04. Would you like to pay that now?" NO. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY THIS IS THE FIRST INVOICE I'VE SEEN SINCE DECEMBER. I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHY THIS IS THE SAME THING THAT YOU TOLD MY FRIEND AND NEIGHBOR WHEN THEY CALLED IN FEBRUARY, WONDERING WHERE THEIR BILL WAS. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE AUDIT DATE WAS DIFFERENT.
...and I would like you to know that I AM going over your heads and going to garrison, JAG, IG, my congressman...who'll ever freakin' listen because this is BULLCRAP!!!
I am an independent business owner. If I pulled this CRAP on my customers, I'm pretty sure that A) I'd be out of business and B) I'd probably have a law suit or two on my hands!
Why is it okay for these privatized companies to think they can have the run of us because they are contracted by the Army?
I understand WHY the Army has contracted out certain services...I don't necessarily agree, but I get it. I just don't think that we should be treated like second-class citizens with no brains who don't know when they are getting fed a line...
Does anyone have the email address for the Garrison Command Office? I haven't talked to a COL in a while, I think I'll start there...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We're having trouble with housing here. It's been 8 weeks and they still haven't replaced our front window with huge spider cracks and a nice sized hole. They had the window six weeks ago, then realized they didn't have trim. Nothing since then. It's frustrating and all they say is that the company hired for the glass isn't returning their calls. *sigh*
ReplyDelete