Saturday, April 3, 2010

Back to the ol' home away from home...Denny's

So, it's another 2am in Green Bay, and I'm at Denny's soaking up some much needed FB time.  However there are 2 things on my mind.

First, there is a table of about 8 gentlemen of middle eastern genes sitting near the windows.  No, my first thought is NOT terrorists.  My ONLY thought (as I shoot them nasty looks) is WELCOME TO AMERICA!  WE SPEAK ENGLISH!  LEARN IT!  I can't stand gibble...and I don't care where you are from.

My second thought is...I should be in bed.  I have a cake to decorate at 9am...and I need a shower in the morning.  *Sigh...vacations are not really vacations. 

PS...no I haven't finished rosters yet.  I've gotten a little side tracked in the past 2 months.  Oh, wait...it's only been 2 days.  Why does it feel like we got here years ago? 

My lil' sister is back in the hospital.  She's pregnant.  About 4 months.  But, she hasn't been keeping anything down for the last 3 months.  2 weeks ago they put a pick line into her heart for nutrition.  Last night she wound up back at the hospital...sick...with a staph infection.  Not just an infection, she was septic.  Nice.  My sister can't do anything half-way.  She's a medical mess. 

I'm actually looking forward to seeing my cousin in a couple of weeks...oops, I mean 3 days.  I love just chatting with her.  I've just got so much to do between now and then, it feels like forever till Monday will get here!

Maybe I have too much on my plate? 

Nope, right now the only thing on a plate is my quesadilla.  And I'm hungry.  Although I'm sure that eating this directly before bed isn't a good idea for my weight-loss plan.  But then again, who cares tonight. 

..still looking for walkers for WTA....

Right now, on to dinner.

HUGS
-N

1 comment: